Build. Connect. Empower.
Our second Annual Opportunity Hack will open at 8:00 a.m. on Nov 28th. At Opportunity Hack you can network, share ideas and build solutions that enable impact and social innovation! Come with an idea or join a team that will hack solutions for any of the problem statements listed by our partnering non-profits!
NGOs can apply by submitting this application form at : http://bit.ly/ohackappchennai
Check in will be from 8:00 am until 9:00 am and breakfast will be served.
Then the fun begins! Our non-profits will all have an opportunity to pitch their ideas to all the participants. We'll be moving this along quickly so that we can move into team building. You can bring a whole team, but if you don't we're pretty good at facilitating team formation. This is the part of the program that people tend to be the most nervous about, but it all works out. We've done it successfully a bunch of times and we'll make sure you get hooked up.
Please note that the pitch session scheduled to take place at 10:00 am is for only non-profits pitching ideas.
11:30 a.m. It's time to get your Hack On! You have from now until 04:00 p.m. on Sunday !!
We're providing meals and snacks and support around the clock.
3:00 p.m. on Sunday it's time to let the keyboard rest. You'll want to have your prototype and presentation ready for a three minute presentation to the judges with some Q&A. There will be a brief intermission for scoring and then the top teams will be chosen and accolades will flow! This will mark the end of the event and the beginning of the celebration, where we will also provide appropriate supplies.
Saturday (28 Nov)
- 08:00AM: Doors open for check-in
- 09:00AM: Opening ceremony
- 10:00AM: Project pitches
- 11:00AM: Team formation
- 11:30AM: The Hackathon begins!
- 01:00PM: Lunch is served
- 02:00PM: Subject Matter Experts available (4 hours)
- 07:00PM: Dinner is served
HACK THROUGH THE NIGHT, FUN, QUIZ, RELAX, WIN PRIZES
Sunday (29 Nov)
- Midnight: Refreshments served
- 08:00AM:Breakfast is served & Subject matter experts available (3 hours)
- Noon: Lunch is served / I can’t think straight but this tastes awesome!
- 02:00PM: Code checked into GitHub
- 03:00PM: Coding ends
- 04:00PM: PPTs submitted to Core Team and GITHUB
- 05:00PM: Judging
- 09:00PM: Winners are announced!
For Questions reach - DL-PayPal-OHackChennai@PayPal.com
See official rules.
- All members of team have registered on DevPost and are added to the project submission.
- Links to GitHub, and video or presentation must be included in project submission.
- At least two members of team will be present in person for demo to judges.
How to enter
- Join Opportunity Hack Chennai on DevPost as a participant
- Come to the event with a team or we will help you build a team of like minded folks.
- Bring your ID cards while you come to the venue. Also bring a lot of enthusiasm and a social mindset
Advocate, Madras High Court
Chief Portal & Mobile Officer at Matrimony.com
Associate Editor at Outlook Business
Dr. Ravishankar Arunachalan
How big an impact will your solution have on the community? Key things that are important are * Scale of the problem being solved * Potential reach * Productivity gains - 10 points
In order to be successful you need to be able to demonstrate and market your solution so that it can succeed long term– 10 points
Displaying innovative solutions to the problems. Do you solve the problem in a novel way? Can you create a solution that is cohesive across different areas or technologies? - 10 points
Accessible by the Target User Base
It’s crucial that the target user base actually has access to the technology in question. Can you articulate the capabilities and limitations of your userbase? Does your product fit within those capabilities or work around them? - 10 points
The projects need to be able to move from "proof-of-concept" to working project. Is your architecture and technology extendable by others? Can the project be tuned to meet different or changing needs?– 10 points
Open Source Software
Open source solutions allow for a wider variety of contributors to be able to improve, extend and build upon. Does your project leverage open source software or libraries? Is your project in github? – 10 points
Cover all categories
All teams must get atleast 1 point in all the above categories. Getting a 0 in any one category will mean they are not eligible to win